Alternate Job Title: Audio/Visual Technician, Naval Systems;
Use your audio/visual technician skills to support our Sailors and Marines!
NOTE: an active Secret clearance, or the ability to pass a background investigation and obtain a Secret clearance is required!
Work site location and Zip Code: Gaithersburg, MD 20879 with possible travel required
OMNITEC Solutions (http://www.omnitecinc.com) has an opening in Gaithersburg, MD, for an Technician to assist in the design, build, configuration, and life cycle support of Broadcast, Cable TV and Surveillance Camera Systems for US Navy ships. This is an ideal opportunity for a Junior to Mid-level task oriented Technician who truly enjoys continuous hands-on challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, integrate, install, and upgrade broadcast, IPTV, and surveillance camera systems used for entertainment, training, and security aboard United States Navy, Coast Guard, and Military Sealift Command ships.
- Interpret and understand system and equipment drawings and cable run sheets.
- Integrate equipment in racks, fabricate, terminate, and run audio, video, network, and other cables, and conduct test & troubleshooting, in our test facility.
- Update computers, cameras, and other hardware/software associated with systems in the test center.
- Develop and update documentation for use by Field Technicians to maintain shipboard systems.
- Strictly adhere to configuration management principles in building and maintaining systems, develop as-built drawings and documentation when changes are made.
- Potential for travel to assist with installations on ships.
- 3 years experience with integration and maintenance of broadcast or cable television systems, IPTV systems, Home automation and security, VTC, or similar systems.
- Ability to fabricate, troubleshoot and repair audio, video, network cabled systems;
- Ability to use desktop and laptop computers for maintenance tracking and documentation development.
- Ability to perform basic IP network and other configurations for PCs, cameras, and other host devices.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to access tight shipboard spaces.
- Ability climb ladders, walk long distances, carry tools and test equipment.
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance, or ability to immediately obtain one, is required as this position supports a DOD client.
Additional Helpful Skills:
- Familiarity with IP-based television and/or camera systems;
- Knowledge of video surveillance systems;
- Knowledge of RF television distribution systems using coaxial and fiber optic cabling;
Please apply directly via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/EG7yhtueO2/Audio-Visual-Technician?source=TIVA
If you experience any difficulties, apply via the "Careers" tab on our web site: http://www.omnitecinc.com
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.