The Broadcast Engineer will be responsible for strategic direction, designing, purchasing, installing, repairing and maintaining both digital and high-definition broadcast equipment as well as computer workstations, broadcast servers and IT equipment associated with the operation and the broadcast signals of the stations. The scope of work includes both television and radio casting signals, the IT infrastructure, network and system interoperability with needed applications.
- Maintains the technical integrity of the operating facilities (including the control room, studios) and equipment (including field production, post production, satellite and master control).
- Works with Plant Operations and IT on maintenance of building systems and responding to facility outages.
- Works as a member of the stations production teams and IT department to implement state of the art technical facilities at a competitive television station.
- Trains staff and part time personnel, as well as creating detailed SOP documents for equipment use and workflows.
- Associate's degree in Radio and Television Engineering or related Communications field, required
- Two years of experience in a recognized video production facility, or equivalent combination of education/certifications, required
- Requires a high aptitude in technology and the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly. Thorough understanding of compression schemes, and transcoding video and audio in both various formats.
- Ability to work with in a high degree of independence and solve problems quickly and efficiently in a fast pace environment. Considerable demonstrated skill is required in organization, attention to detail, multitasking, and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Hours Per Week: 37.5
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm plus some evenings and weekends as required
- Compensation: $50,317 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement.
- Grade: 12
- FLSA Status: Exempt from overtime
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please attach the following documents:
1. Cover letter