AV / Audiovisual Engineer, Maintenance & Repair
Supporting critical international multi-media and A/V services!
Work site location and Zip Code: Washington, DC, 20431
OMNITEC Solutions (www.omnitecinc.com) is seeking a qualified Audiovisual Engineer to help with providing a full scope of service in broadcast engineering, audiovisual equipment maintenance and repair, equipment installation and maintenance, and overall video and television production operations for a large audio-visual and television production facility in Washington, DC.
We seek mid to senior expert level personnel, who can work independently and who can provide expert repair and maintenance of broadcast-quality cameras, switchers, routers, audio and conference A/V equipment. The ideal candidate will also be able to select emerging technology for future system enhancements, and can do preliminary design efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works closely with the Chief Engineer providing technical repair and maintenance of broadcast, multimedia and AV systems. Specific areas of expertise include video and audio connectivity, projection, touch screen control systems (Crestron etc.), DSP, conference microphone systems, fixed and ENG cameras, switchers, robotics, digital recording technologies etc. This includes the use of advanced test equipment, and performing signal analysis and equipment adjustments.
2. Repairs or finds immediate “work around” solutions to equipment/system failures to ensure successful event/meeting start.
3. Develops and maintains the preventative and periodic maintenance programs ensuring periodic maintenance is performed in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations. Tracks maintenance actions, equipment status and equipment inventory using available tracking software tools.
4. Maintains the database of broadcast and AV equipment inventory and documentation and service manuals related to installation work for diagnostic reference, repairs, obsolescence and future upgrades.
5. Trains operational staff on systems operations, new equipment features, and other related technical matters. Makes recommendations for operational process improvements and possible equipment replacement alternatives.
6. Familiar with CAD drawings of room/control booths so as to Proof reads technical drawings in advance of integration to confirm functionality and efficiency of signal path configuration.
7. Serves as “line” technician during large scale events to rapidly troubleshoot and resolve problem issues.
8. Required to occasionally perform duties when necessary outside regular duty hours, and occasionally for special events during evenings and weekends.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. A Bachelor degree with a minimum of five years related technical work experience in a lead role is preferred however practical relevant work experience will be considered. Knowledge of Crestron, Biamp and similar automation equipment in an AV environment is highly desirable.
2. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong computer skills in a Windows environment with standard MS Office applications and the ability to learn other specialized software.
3. Good writing and documentations skills; associated experience with CAD programs is highly desired. Familiarity with tracking maintenance actions and equipment inventory in databases is required. Ability to read and interpret schematics, signal flow diagrams, and construction drawings.
4. Ability to prioritize, manage, and evaluate work in a busy and dynamic environment. Demonstrated capabilities for innovative thinking to introduce new concepts and approaches to solving technical problems.
5. In-depth knowledge of state-of-the industry audio visual, multimedia, and videoconferencing systems/equipment used in best-in-class conference centers. Extensive knowledge of digital audio and video production workflow, video transmission standards and systems, digital asset management systems, IP network-based file management, and production tools such as cameras, mixers, monitors, editing systems, etc., with the ability to correctly setup and diagnose problems with such equipment.
1. Any associated experience with CAD/Auto CADD programs and drawings is highly desired.
2. CTS certification highly desired.
Please apply via our jobs portal at http://www.omnitecinc.com/Careers/CurrentOpenings.aspx, and scroll to job number 150032DC : Audiovisual Maintenance Engineer and follow the prompts . We suggest using Chrome or Safari for navigating our web site. If you have any web site navigation issues, contact us via Employment@omnitecinc.com.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.