Highlands Consulting Group LLC (HCG), a consulting firm supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science & Technology (S&T) Directorate, is seeking an experienced Video Editor and 3D Animator to fill an interim part-time position that has potential to become a long-term position. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the DHS S&T Director of Corporate Communications. Most work will be performed off-site rather than at the DHS S&T facility, and candidates must have their own workstation/equipment, software, and other necessary tools. The successful candidate will be required to attend planning and review meetings and similar activities at DHS S&T headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The anticipated start date for the position is January 12, 2015.
The Video Editor/3D Animator will be required to:
- Edit polished video programs from raw b-roll, taped interviews, audio narration and other elements provided by S&T, adding graphics, visual and audio effects, music, etc. as required
- Design and produce digital 2D/3D animations depicting characters, objects and environments that accurately convey specific technical information and match the aesthetic context of the videos and other media in which they appear
- Edit polished videos that meet S&T content requirements and production standards
- Work with the OCC team to support videotaping, as necessary, to ensure that studio and location shoots obtain all footage necessary to ensure complete, consistent, high-quality video products
- Work with S&T program managers and producers, videographers, photographers and designers to develop graphics and animations that accurately and attractively convey technical concepts and information
- Produce storyboards that give project team members a clear vision of how proposed illustrations and animations will look
- Create original 2D and 3D animations and graphics, with appropriate texture, lighting and motion techniques
- Manage all technical issues related to video graphics and animation, including rendering, performance, streaming, memory management, and storage
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BS/BFA/MA in Animation/Motion Graphics or a related field
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Strong storyboarding skills
- Ability to produce kinetic typography animation, motion graphic animation, 2D and 3D animation
- Demonstrated mastery of video and audio editing
- Working expertise in 3D suite (Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Autodesk Flame, Smoke, etc.), as well as compositing and photo manipulation
- Proficiency with Adobe® Creative Suite/ Creative Cloud (Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficiency in Maxon Cinema4D
- Photography expertise a plus
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates both creativity and mastery of video animation and editing
The hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Each applicant must submit a complete application package which includes: (a) a cover letter explaining how the applicant’s abilities and experience qualify him/her for the described position; (b) a current resume; (c) the names, titles, mailing and E-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Application packages should be emailed to:
Robert Epper, President
HighlandsConsulting Group, LLC
All applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm MST (7:00 pm EST) on Tuesday, December 23, 2014. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Finalists will be required to attend a personal interview and provide a collection of work samples that demonstrate proficiency and accomplishment in the areas required.