Your expert A-1 Sound Engineering/Support skills will be put to full use!
Worksite location and Zip Code: Washington, DC, 20410
OMNITEC Solutions (www.omnitecinc.com) is seeking qualified personnel for support of critical
Broadcast, multi-media and A/V services!
This includes Front of House Sound Engineer (A1) expertise, as well as AV equipment set-up and operations, event production operations, and maintenance action tracking administrative support for a large audio-visual and television production facility in Washington, DC, 20410.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We seek mid-level personnel, who can work independently and who possess expert FOH (A1) Sound Engineering skills, as well as be able to troubleshoot and adjust (if necessary) installed audio DSPs in set spaces.
In addition, the best qualified individuals will also possess experience with expert set-up and maintenance of AV and Broadcast system cameras, audio equipment, switchers, routers, as well as VTC equipment and conference AV equipment.
General Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Provide FOH (A1) Engineering expertise. Must be able operate professional sound equipment to produce superior sound quality in a wide variety of event venues, from small rooms to large 1000-person conference halls. This includes being able to determine the placement of additional speakers, amps, and microphones, and operate digital audio consoles providing level control, echo cancellation, and multiple feeds for room audio, recording and webcasting. This also includes customizing the sound reinforcement configuration for a variety of room layouts and participant arrangements.
2. Provide advice in specifying upgrades or changes to gear if necessary.
3. Maintain all audio equipment and assume the role of head audio tech;
4. Responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all audio gear.
5. Provide direction and training to other team members on audio engineering, operation, and design.
6. Provide assistance in event AV set-up and operations in accordance with facility SOPs and event customer requirements. This involves the use of advanced audiovisual and lighting equipment, including robotic cameras, production switchers, webcasting encoders, and projectors/laptop display equipment.
7. Provide basic troubleshooting of equipment and rack-mounted systems to identify the source of problems, and provide immediate repair or replacement to restore operations.
1. High school diploma or GED, but a 2 or 4 year degree highly preferred.
2. Ability to pass a background investigation.
3. Five (5) plus years of demonstrated ability to be capable, reliable, and trustworthy in prior work assignments similar and directly relevant to this position description.
4. Must have excellent attitude, professional dress and be capable of performing efforts politely and professionally with senior personnel in a customer service role.
5. Have a working knowledge of emerging broadcast, A/V and VTC technologies, and assist in defining upgrade plans for future system upgrades.
Additional Helpful Skills:
- A current or past security clearance is helpful as potential cross-program employment opportunities on project teams supporting other federal and/or DOD are part of our career development opportunities.
- CTS training and/or certification.The ability to obtain a security clearance is helpful as potential cross-program employment opportunities on project teams supporting other federal and/or DOD clients are part of our career development opportunities.
Please apply via our jobs portal at http://www.omnitecinc.com/Careers/CurrentOpenings.aspx, and scroll to job number 140049DC: FOH Sound Engineer (A1), and follow the prompts. We suggest using Chrome or Safari for navigating our web site.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.