Where do you get those wonderful toys?
Come join us for a panel overview and Hands-On Showcase of some of the best camera and support gear available! DC Camera — with the help of our able panelists — is going to be showcasing not just the top gear, but the most practical solutions for assembling your shooting kit.
6:30-7:15pm -- Registration and Beer & Wine reception
7:15-8:45pm -- Gear Panel Tech presentation
8:45pm -- Raffle Giveaway announcement
DC Camera is Washington DC's premier motion picture & photography equipment rental facility, providing exceptional service to professional filmmakers & photographers in Washington DC Metro area. As the largest digital rental facility in the Mid-Atlantic, DC Camera offers a wide assortment of filmmaking and photographic equipment and supplies, including grip and lighting.
The TIVA panel will offer an opportunity to see a small lighting demo, and visit close-up, in-depth demos of a variety of camera packages, including:
- Arri Alexa mini, Amira and monitor
- A Ronin S with a DSLR and a pro blend
- Red Scarlet and an anamorphic lens, Teradek Bolt and wireless follow focus system with handheld monitor
- Shelia Smith | DP/Steadicam owner operator in the DC area with extensive experience in filming commercials, television, documentaries, independent features, sporting events and dance videos.
- Dennis Boni | For more than three decades, Dennis Boni has filmed Presidents and rock stars, ordinary people and extraordinary animals, filmed underwater and in the air, for feature films, commercials, documentaries and corporate clients. In 2008 he was nominated for a National Emmy for his DP / Steadicam work on the Smithsonian project, Remembering Vietnam:The Wall at 25 and in 2016 he was awarded an Emmy for Cinematography for the PBS documentary Jeremiah.
- Nate Clapp | A freelance cameraman / Director of Photography in the Washington DC area and where ever work takes him. Nate has freelanced in film and video production since 1993 and also writes his own blog on how to operate and work with vintage, cutting edge and every other camera in between at Nomad Productions, Inc.
- Erich Roland (DC Camera) | Erich Roland is known for his work on Murder at 1600 (1997), Double Jeopardy (1999) and Driving Miss Daisy (1989).
Networking/food and drink will begin at 6:30, and the tech presentation will begin around 7:15 or so.
Where: DC Camera — 2810-B Merrilee Dr. Fairfax, Virginia 22031 (right near the Dunn Loring station on Metro’s Orange line)
When: Thursday, June 6, 2019
|TIVA-DC’s Event Pricing
|$5 discount is available up until
1 full day before the day of the event.
$10 for TIVA members | $20 for non-members
|At the door
$15 for TIVA members | $25 for non-members
|(All registrations are nonrefundable.)