Job Posting Period
07/07/2014 - 07/18/2014
475 LENFANT PLZ SW
WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
TITLE: MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER
GRADE: EAS - 23
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 1071-0015
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday
HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: 60.446,00 - 104.281,00 USD Annually
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
Independently produces, directs and creates presentation, instructional, promotional, and other video and media productions to further Postal Service employee and business requirements, objectives and goals and better connect with our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops creative and innovative communication strategies and visual messages to effectively integrate processes and communications across multiple delivery channels that resonate with a variety of audiences.
2. Writes, produces and directs video and multimedia projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision, including creating and writing scripts; advising customers on type of production to utilize to best achieve their goals; supervising production crew on overall concept, set up and design; directing actual production; supervising editing of the final product; determining the appropriate clearance review procedures; and ensuring compliance with 508 standards.
3. Performs post production work such as video editing, music, dialogue, sound effects, mixing, special effects using state of the art video editing solutions, professional video cameras and software, and directs the work of others using this equipment.
4. Designs, produces and uploads national promotion, publicity programs and/or feature stories using multimedia outlets (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, USPS.com, etc.). Incorporates messaging and links that tie the content back to USPS webpage using graphic design, video editing, and web development applications.
5. Assists in the preparation of press conferences, special activities, media events by developing and preparing video b-roll/sound bite packages and/or working with the news media to specifications for requirements and setting up the determine venue.
6. Manages contracts and writes proposals for large scale media projects; oversees vendors who provide services necessary to produce the programs.
7. Develops video production budgets and delivers multimedia and video content within established budgets.
8. Provides technical advice and guidance to customers regarding all aspects of multimedia communications and the Postal Service's technical capability to produce videos that meet the customers' business needs.
Manager of unit to which assigned.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to research, write, edit and produce multimedia programs for employee communications and other external communications activities to include but not limited to special events, press conferences and other events specific to using multimedia assets.
2. Skilled in using video editing and web content applications software such as the Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Adobe Premier and After Effects.
3. Ability to perform post production work such as editing, motion graphics, music, dialogue, sound effects, and special effects.
4. Ability to operate video and audio related equipment, state of the art video and sound editing systems, and state of the art broadcast quality production tools.
5. Ability to develop creative and innovative strategies to effectively incorporate multimedia efforts that align with organizational objectives.
6. Ability to work directly with customers at various levels, including executive and senior staff, to create the desired "vision" for a communication program.
7. Ability to plan, coordinate and assign work to meet unit objectives including organizing and monitoring workload, budgeting productions, facilitating the flow of work related information, monitoring progress, and providing feedback and technical guidance to customers and staff.
To apply, please visit our website at www.usps.com/employment and reference requisition number NC77803644. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date of Friday, July 18, 2014.
For additional information, please contact Faith Trader at Talent@usps.govQualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.