The Cipher Brief is looking for a full-time Backend Developer who is ready for an ever-evolving work environment. For the most part, you’ll be working on creating, enhancing and implementing new capabilities and products as the company grows. Skills should include experience building and troubleshooting within a Drupal content management system, and some occasional server management. Critical thinking and general PHP experience is valued above any particular skill set.
- Developing on Drupal 7 site (site-building and backend)
- Review & test website code to uncover & repair any issues that would affect site performance
- Maintain and add backend functionality
- Produce clean and performant code that is built to scale and last
- Conduct unit tests, deployments, and ensure version control
- Review server configurationsMonitor server performance; report & repair any issues
- Recommend & implement server upgrades, as well as necessary site security and safety measures
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years in software development, thereof at least 2 years with PHP/Drupal 7
- Drupal site building experience and strong familiarity with core and contributed modules
- Familiarity with Drupal development technologies such as Drush, Views, and Features
- Experience working collaboratively using version control (Git and GitHub)
- You are a team player and integrate well into our diverse and international team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Cover letters and resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about The Cipher Brief, or require more information to post these jobs, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at (678) 710-1505or at this email address.